Content writing is scary no problem.
Stress. Confusion. Dread. Annoyance. Fear. Overwhelm.
Those are all terms that I’ve heard to describe writing website content.
Writing website content can, indeed, be all those things when you’re trying to figure it out on your own. And if you’re someone who doesn’t like writing in general, this can feel like the ultimate chore.
But there’s good news!
Your Panic-free Guide to writing website content
I wrote this step-by-step guide to help you write your website copy without all the sad adjectives.
If you’ve got (insert sad adjective here) about writing about yourself and your work, this guide will hold your hand through the whole process.
Learn How To:
- Talk about yourself and what you do
- Define your ideal client and learn to write FOR them
- Write your misson statement
- Accurately write about your services
For your homepage, about, services, contact and multiple bonus pages so you can write content that resonates with your potential clients.
Dos & Donts
See examples of the common mistakes in website copy writing and how to avoid them.
Hot tips for pricing
Get a detailed worksheet for how to price your services and whether or not to list your prices on your website.
- Ideal client exercise
- Mission statement writing
- Services writing
- General advice
- What makes a great hero image
- Writing a deep dive statement
- Self summary
- Services Summary
- Choosing footer info
- Writing your intro
- The art of humble bragging
- Calls to action
- How to talk about your services
- Whether or not to list pricing
- Do you need a contact page?
- More than contact info
- Blog pages
- Online shops
- Podcast pages
- Dos and Donts
- Webspo Worksheet (website inspiration)
- Pricing worksheet
- Mind map exercise